Monday, November 17, 2008

Pickles and Clams, Pickles and Clams!

I have a stalker. Thankfully, I got a good look at her the other day: about 5'7", brown hair, pasty white skin, green eyes and freakishly small hands. Socially awkward, to say the least. She's married, lives in small neighborhood and has a dog. Hey, wait...she sounds familiar.

That's right, I'm my own stalker.

Earlier this year I added an application to this blog called FEEDJIT. It provides a live time and date stamp, and tracks where readers come from. Sounds neat, huh? Well, I've become a little obsessed.

I mean, how cool is it that I can see what people query when they click here from Google? Let me tell you, it's very cool. So cool that I started checking my blog every few hours to see if I had gotten any new visitors from far away places. FEEDJIT, I was smitten.

But then I started to see a trend: every single person who arrived here from Google searched either Pickles Cause Nightmares or Duck for the Oyster Dive for the Clam. And as far as I can tell, none of them have been back.

So. This is what you want? Pickles and clams? Fine. The Internet has a wealth of information and I'm confident I can give you the fix you need. In fact, I'll start today.

Sometimes Nothing Picklicious Fun Fact #1:
Americans consume more than 9 pounds of pickles per person annually. (Say that five times fast.)

Sometimes Nothing Clammy Hands Naked Truth Numero Uno:
The giant clam gets only one chance to find a nice home. Once it fastens itself to a spot on a reef, there it sits for the rest of its life. (Pick yourself a winner!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this post and the fun facts are not the death nail of this blog, I don't know what is.

Anonymous said...

Test--teaching Mom how to comment so she can stick up for me when Mark makes fun of this blog.

Anonymous said...

2nd test--getting fancy!

Netter said...

I love Feedjit too. I always wonder how people in other countries ended up on mine. I've found it great to determine if the family we're estranged from has been checking in to see what's going on. So even though they we don't have direct contact with them, we know they do at least still think about us. Just another valuable use!