Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Duck for the Oyster, Dive for the Clam

This past Saturday, I did something I thought I'd never do.  Y'all, I went square dancing.  P's family hosted a corn roast that included a bonfire, homemade chili and a square dance caller after dinner.  I really wasn't looking forward to it because I prefer to make fun of things I'm not familiar with, but much to my surprise I ended up having a lot of fun!  It was very casual, with the grass as our dance floor.  No professionals, nothing serious.  Just a bunch of friends and family having a small town Saturday night!  Check out some pictures from the night:

This is Duck for the Oyster, Dive for the Clam with the whole group.  I called for a sub on this one and took pictures instead.  

The same thing, but with a smaller group.  

P sporting his cowboy look.  At first, not so much.  But toward the end of the night, I got used to it.  You know, once a year is fine.

P and I after some dancing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? No comment from MJ yet? I thought he'd be all over this one.

Anonymous said...

Duck for the oyster, dive for the clam
Here's your pointy hat, welcome to the Klan.