Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Never Wanted Nothing More

Vacations are a tricky thing in life.  If we took them all the time, we probably wouldn't appreciate them as much.  But still, this past Labor Day I think I could have managed a few more days of boating, camping, reading and trading stories around the fire.  It's sad to leave, to close out the summer, but like Practically Netter, I welcome the fall.  A whole new set of activities await and for some reason, fall does something for my soul (it might, however, just be the chili P makes during football season).  

That said, the 2nd Annual Labor Day Dale Hollow Extravaganza was a great end to a wonderful summer!  Check out a few pictures from the trip:   

This is the pontoon boat we rented for a few days.  It's just not possible to have a bad time with this boat and the crew we had on board!

Here is the view from our campsite.  Sigh...

P, his cousin, his brother and little sister out on a morning barefoot run.  His sister is the one out on the boom.  She has more guts than me, although I did surprise myself by jumping off the top of the pontoon boat by the end of the trip.  With a life jacket on, of course.  

And finally, this is me reading and relaxing out on the Cabana Islander, which is quite possibly the second love of my life.  I'm considering inflating it and putting it in the family room this winter if I miss it too much. 

2 comments:

Netter said...

Your vaca looks awesome - the fun party boat and the relaxing floating cabana especially.

Thanks for linking to my fall article!

Anonymous said...

I'm considering inflating it and putting it in the family room this winter if I miss it too much.

Then all you need is a couch on your front porch and its official....