Sunday, October 5, 2008

Two Bare Feet On The Dashboard

With crisp mornings and cool nights settling in, I thought it would be appropriate to post some of my favorite summertime videos. Most of them are goofy, but that's how we roll in this household. Oh, and I haven't mastered the editing software, so I just didn't edit anything. Enjoy:



My favorite thing about this video is listening to the people talking in the background. Listen carefully and you'll hear something like "My goodness. You still bathing?" Again, that's how we roll--there's nothing like a good shampoo in the lake.




This is P's younger brother's girlfriend jumping off the cliff in Tennessee for the first time. Lewis' commentary, a random boater blasting music to coax her to jump and her terrifying scream might make this the best video of the summer. Way to go, Heather!




A little action from our zipline tour in Hocking Hills. P holds the camera on one of the longer lines--as close to the real thing as you can get!




This video serves two purposes. 1. It proves that I actually did the zipline. 2. It proves that P can actually use our camera.




These last two are from last year, but I thought I'd include them anyway. This is P barefooting off the top of the pontoon boat--it definitely wins the best story award: P's aunt was flipping out that he was going to try this. She tried pleading with me to stop him. Like he's going to listen to me. So she moved on to P's mom, but found her in the water, positioning the boat so P would have a better angle. I love it! I guess raising five kids makes you less nervous about potential injuries.




I really don't know why, but this video just cracks me up. All four were supposed to swan dive, but the middle two either chickened out or forgot. I just like listening to P's laugh--it reminds me of summer. (See what I did there? Brought this post full circle.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where does the title "Two bare feet on the dashboard" come from? Oh maybe that's another video that you and P just keep between the two of you. Post that one and maybe you can finally get some traffic to this boring blog.