Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nick and Nora's Infinite Baby Collection

During my lunch hour yesterday, I stopped by the local Target to pick up a baby shower gift for a party this weekend. Registry in hand, I walked up and down the baby department aisles looking at all the wares. Adorable items like blankets, booties and hats. Necessities like baby first aid kits, diapers and wipes. And not-yet-a-mother terrifying items like nursing bra pads, breastmilk ice packs and contact nipple shields (what? what? WHAT?).

I made my selection (not the nipple shields) and walked over to the baby clothes to find a cute onesie. While browsing, I spotted a sign all the way across the department that read: Nick and Nora's Baby Collection - 30% Off! I actually stopped in my tracks and thought: they've made baby clothes for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist? Immediately, I was pissed. I get the whole marketing to kids in fast food meals, on diapers and with toys--but for cartoons or age appropriate movies. This, this was ridiculous! Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist isn't even a kids movie! What is the world coming to? How low will studio execs go to sell movies? Why, Target, why?

I made a beeline for the display, expecting to see little outfits with cassette tapes, yellow cars and floating heads of Nick and Norah.

That is NOT what I found.

Instead, I found the sweetest, most innocent collection of baby wear I've ever seen. Puppies and ribbons and rainbows. Nick and Nora do have a baby collection, but it's Nick and Nora without an "h" or the Infinite Playlist. I guess I need to do a little more research before becoming a mother someday. The nipple shields will be on a need to know basis though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real women don't use nipple shields.