Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WWYD?

I let Bailey out last night for her bedtime bathroom break and noticed that my neighbors across the street a few doors down left their garage door open.  Otherwise, the house looked completely buttoned-up, no lights on or anything.  This same thing happened about three weeks ago to my next-door neighbor.  We know them a little better, it was about 11:30 and it was a weekend, so I knocked on their front door to let them know.  Our neighbor thanked me and was happy because he did, in fact, forget to close it.

However, the people across the street I don't know so well.  They also have a young child and a newborn.  Worth waking the entire house up at almost midnight?  What do you think?  I would definitely want someone to knock on our door, but some people might not feel the same way.

Weighed down by my do-gooder ways...   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more important question is what were you wearing....?

Netter said...

Our neighbors have left theirs open when they leave for work in the morning. Our mission then is to go in their garage, push the button and run and leap over the sensor before it closes. It sometimes takes a couple tries to time it right, and its especially challenging if its been raining and the floor is wet, or if you're on your way to work and wearing heels!