Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Know Him Through Drinking...and Bowling

Here's the deal--I love eavesdropping. Not in a manipulative way, just in an observant way. Like standing in line at the grocery store or sitting across from a group of people at a restaurant. I've picked up some great lines just listening to people interact with others. It seems that when I'm by myself, I hear the best stuff. It's as if since I'm alone and not talking, I also don't have the ability to listen. Oh, but I do. I really have to start writing this stuff down, but here are a few of my favorites from recent memory:

  • "She failed her drug test.  Again."  (In line at the local Wal-Mart.)
  • "You don't want to marry her.  She's crazy.  Just keep her around to feel her fake boobs."  (Except "boobs" was really another word I can't bring myself to type.)
  • "I'll have everything...and jalapenos."  (Overheard at a Quizno's.  I don't know why, but this line cracks me up.  Big boy REALLY wanted to get those jalapenos.)
  • "You know that guy?  I owe him like $60 bucks!  I know him through drinking...and bowling."  (So you know him through drinking and more drinking?)    
That is all for now.  I'll keep my ears open for some more gems to share.  You do the same and post any good ones below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this one, "I was reading this blog and I wanted to kill myself."

Anonymous said...

You should change the name of this blog to most of the time nothing.