Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Runs

It pains me to have my first post in almost three weeks be titled 'The Runs.' But I can't help it that I:

1. Try to find the silver lining in almost all less than desirable situations, and

2. Am a horrible housewife, a fact previously documented on this blog.

Earlier this week, I came home after work to find our sweet little black lab, Bailey, cowering and shaking almost uncontrollably as I opened the front door. She'd done something bad and she knew it. I knew it too a few steps into the house.

The Wendy's bag I was holding no longer desirable (the new boneless wings combo with a Sprite), I set everything down in order to fully comfort Bailey. Yes, it is sweet that I chose the health and well-being of my animal over five minutes of bliss on my front porch eating the bold buffalo spiciness I smelled the entire way home. But Bailey also has bladder control issues when she's extremely nervous or excited, and I didn't want to clean up two messes.

With Bailey finally calmed down and settled on her bed, I proceeded to the kitchen to assess the damage. Two main points of deposit, runny, but no carpeting or rugs involved. Not as horrible as I was expecting.

I dug out the pet cleaner, Lysol, several plastic grocery bags and as many paper towels as I could grab, and got to work. As I was down on the floor cleaning, a yellow Wendy's napkin stuffed up my nose for gag protection, I thought "Hey, at least part of the kitchen floor will get its first good scrub in about three months." And after a flash of guilt, I briefly considered scrubbing the rest. But I had those wings waiting...come on, you would have done the same thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all need to run....from this blog.

Jim Brochowski said...

Ah, Anonymous - would that we could all be so lucky to have you run away. ;-)

Nice post Mo. Glad you kept your priorities at least. Bailey first, spot cleaning and don't keep those Wings, (yes that is a capital W) waiting.

quincehackel said...

Betway Sign Up Code | Enter your personal details | jtmhub
the betway promo 전라북도 출장샵 code, and the bonus code can be used at any of the sports 대전광역 출장마사지 book outlets in 경산 출장샵 Canada. When signing up for a 보령 출장샵 Betway account, 군포 출장마사지