Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SN Exclusive: My Dinner-for-One Recipe

Ever come home after a long day of work only to find an empty house? In this scenario, are you also starving because you only ate a stupid salad for lunch? If you answered yes, then I have a recipe for you. Grab a pencil and get ready to write this down. This recipe is sure to rock your world. Ready? Okay, here is what you'll need:

Tortillas
Shredded Cheese, preferably a Mexican blend but in a pinch, anything will do.
Sour Cream
Salsa

Sprinkle cheese on tortilla and heat for 45 seconds in microwave. Add as much sour cream as you can handle and then pour salsa where space will allow. Roll up tortilla, grab a drink and move to your couch. Enjoy some alone time watching tv, reading a book or surfing the web. If you're a balla like me, you'll probably eat three or four before you consider how bad this meal actually is for you. And then you'll grab one more because if you think about it, this is a vegetarian dish. Those are all healthy, right?

What's that you say? You don't always have tortillas in the house and are looking for a substitute? No problem! Simply replace the tortillas with a bowl, the shredded cheese with Lucky Charms and the sour cream with milk. A nice bowl of cereal is the perfect dinner-for-one and it doesn't even require the microwave.

Have any dinner-for-one recipes of your own? Share them in the comments. Come on. Don't be ashamed!

4 comments:

Netter said...

Upon the rare occasion I'm alone at dinner, I'll make a pb & j, a glass of chocolate milk and a handful of potato chips (salt & vinegar Conn's if possible). Or maybe some ramen noodles or mac & cheese. Probably should eat treat myself (and treat myself better!) and go out. Maybe I'll try your recipe!

Jim Brochowski said...

Don't let Netter fool you, she is never alone, nor am I. ;-)

I do eat alone late at night. If there are no leftovers to steal from my children - (I tell them it is the refrigerator rat.) - I love to take some lunch meat and make a sandwich. No bread. Bread is fattening. It's late at night and that's not good for me, I mean the rat either so if we include bread well...

Anyway, lunch meat, usually ham and turkey, sometimes cheese and plenty of spices - bacon bits, garlic and onion salt, salt and pepper, whatever suits my, er the rat's taste buds at the time. Add some salad dressing - usually ranch, roll, eat and repeat.

Maureen said...

Netter - I like how you spice it up with chocolate milk instead of regular milk, and with salt and vinegar instead of plain. I usually just grab what's closest. I need to take my time and think it through a little better.

Jim - Are you kidding me? Rolled lunchmeat with spices and ranch? Brilliant! I grab the occasional slice of lunchmeat without bread, but I've never thought of adding spices or a dressing. That rat is living it up!

By the way, I don't know why I hadn't thought of it considering I dip everything in ranch. I slowly kill my father each time I dip a piece of steak in it. Poor guy just shakes his head.

Jim Brochowski said...

K, our oldest puts Ranch on everything. Pizza being the one thing I truly do not understand. I give her a hard time about it, but ultimately the way I eat I have no room to talk.

Oh yeah, substitute The Rat for I in the above paragraph. ;-)