Thursday, October 15, 2009

McCommunication

My exact conversation with the guy working the drive-thru window last night at Mickey D's:

Him: Welcome to McDonald's. Would you like to try one of our Angus Third Pounder burgers?

Me: No, thank you. But could I please have two double cheeseburgers, two small french fries and a 10-piece order of chicken McNuggets? (It's important for me to mention that I was ordering for another person as well. I totally wouldn't eat TWO orders of fries.)

Him: Anything else?

Me: No, thank you.

Him: Do you know about our special deal on pumpkin items, like our pumpkin shake?

Me: Oh, no. Tell me about it.

Long pause.

Him: Well. It's....um....new....and it tastes like pumpkin?

Me: No.....like, what's the special? How much is it?

Him: Oh! You can get two pumpkin pies for a dollar.

Another long pause.

Me: Well, what about the shake?

Him: It's just a shake.

Me: Okay, give me the pies.

The moral of this story? I can be talked into almost anything if you confuse me enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...

I better get my Dingbat-to-English translator to understand this blog entry.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!