Monday, September 28, 2009

This One's For April (And October)

April made a request and I need some feedback, so SN readers get another poll. Excited, aren't you? Well, you should be. It has to do with my most favorite time of the year: Halloween.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved the whole process of getting ready for Halloween. Decorating the house, putting together a costume, passing out candy. And of course, getting older and turning the Halloween corner. To haunted houses.

Haunted forests, prisons, cornfields, mazes, hydros (for real) and houses. I've done them all, and for the most part, I've loved them all. Every year, September finds me keeping my eyes and ears open for the latest, greatest haunts. This year was no different, and I was pumped to find a haunted house open this past Friday. I stood in line and took in the sights:

A dimly lit waiting area.

Scary and realistic creatures/monsters.

Fog.

Screams from inside the haunt.

And. . .

Teenagers. Lots and lots of teenagers. As I looked around at all of them I thought: "Impossible. I'm not this old." But to them, I might as well have been the creepy old lady taking the tickets. Except, of course, that the creepy old lady taking the tickets was actually a teenager in costume. Scary.

What does it all mean? Am I too old for haunted houses? Do I just not know when to retire? Am I the Brett Farve of Halloween?

My options are this: continue going and ignore the teenagers (and the stares), wait until I have a kid old enough to go but young enough to let me tag along or volunteer to work at a haunted house as the creepy old lady taking tickets. No costume required.

I'm interested to see what you think. Take my poll to the right and be honest. . .because. . .the shadow knows. . .

P.S. The poll is open until October 31, 2009 and I've allowed for multiple answers. Mostly because of option #4.

1 comments:

foxi125 said...

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!! if you like puppies visit my blog at www.foxi125-coolstuffs.blogspot.com!!!! please visit it,comment,and follow!!!